Raw Key Lime Pie
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup almonds (soaked & dehydrated)
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1/4 cup pitted dates
1 T coconut oil
pinch Himalayan salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1. Puree the shredded coconut until it becomes like flour.
2. Put in remainder of ingredients and puree until nuts are fine and crust binds together.
3. Shape into a 9″ torte pan
2 cups young coconut meat (about 4 coconuts)
1/2 cup coconut palm nectar OR xylitol (or to taste)
1 cup coconut oil
1 green zucchini, chopped
the peel only from 1 more zucchini
Zest of 1 lime
2 T lime juice (approx 1 lime)
1. Blend coconut, sweetener and coconut oil together until smooth and creamy.
2. Remove 1/2 cup of the white coconut mixture. Add the zucchini, lime and lime zest, and blend again until smooth.
3. Reserve 1/8 cup of the green filling into the pie crust and let set for up to 1 hour in the refrigerator
4. Keep the white coconut mixture at room temperature, and after the green layer sets in the refrigerator, spread the white layer on top of the green layer.
5. Decorate with lime zest.
6. Refrigerate for 2 or more hours before serving.